Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chalupa Roast

1 3-4 lb pork roast
2 1/2 soaked pinto beans
2 cans Ro-tel tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chopped green chilies (I used fire roasted)
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. salt
1 c. water

Coat all sides of the roast with chili powder.
Put roast in the bottom of a slow cooker
Layer the remaining ingredients on top of the roast.
Cook on low for 12-16 hrs in crock pot.
Do not stir until time is up.

I usually put mine in before I go to bed at night and let it "stew" all night. Turn crock pot off or to "warm" until about an hour before ready to eat. Then turn it up to warm through again.

I usually make this with either coleslaw or salad, rice and cornbread. My family loves it. It usually makes enough left-overs for some awesome pulled pork sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment