Sunday, September 26, 2010

Turkey Bacon Chowder

As mentioned before...when I am playing around with recipes...I generally don't measure.  Here is a tip on this recipe...WING IT!  You can add as much or as little of each of the veggies/meat!

diced potatoes
corn
blackbeans
tomatoes
 Chunked Turkey Breast
 chopped onions, green peppers, and green onion
dash of salt, 
minced garlic
1 can of cream of onion, 
2 soup cans of vegetable broth
crumbled bacon1/4 pack of Hidden Valley Green Onion dry dressing mix. :)


ALL the ingredients in this recipe were FRESH with the exception of the blackbeans (I used canned this time around).  I know in previous blogs I have talked about using convenience items...such as pre-chopped onions, etc.  LUCKILY...I have found some products that pretty much do all the work for me...so I am using fresh from here on out!


Combine all the ingredients into a slow-cooker and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.  Stir occasionally.  (TIP:  A small amount of Louisiana hot sauce gave it a little spice!)


Serve hot with biscuits!  YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment