Monday, May 10, 2010

Southwest Beef Stew

A bunch of people have asked for my Southwest Beef Stew Recipe...and first of all I need to admit that the original recipe came from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade SlowCooker Recipe 2 book. However, I switch it up almost repeatedly...so I will give you all some of the ideas I normally use!

1 lb beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces
1 can of diced potatoes (you can use more or less OR dice your own potatoes if you choose)
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of tomato soup
1 cup of beef broth
1 cup of beer (if we don't have any beer on hand...I just substitute with 1 extra cup of beef broth)
1 can of tomato paste
1 16 oz jar of Chunk Salsa (tonight I used Pace Blackbean and Fireroasted corn salsa!)
salt and pepper to taste.

In a 5 qt slow cooker add stew meat and salt/pepper to taste. Add 1 can of drained diced potatoes, 1 can of drained whole kernel corn, and chunky salsa.

In a mixing bowl combine tomato soup, beef broth, beer and tomato paste. Whisk until blended well.

Pour mixing bowl contents into slow cooker and stir to combine.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours!

****I have added in hot sauce for an extra kick...and have also even used a small amount of chili seasonings. You can also add diced green chiles if you like a little extra bite!****

No comments:

Post a Comment